Brunello di Montalcino, Ciacci Piccolomini
- 100% Sangiovese sourced from eight hectares
- Soil of medium grain with good levels of marl dating to the Eocene period
- 240 to 360 meters elevation
- Fermentation in temperature-controlled stainless steel and glass concrete vats
- Ages more than 24-30 months in 20-75 hl Slavonian oak barrels, plus 8 months in bottle
Brunello di Montalcino
|SKU||Case Size||Bottle Size|
ResourcesRequest a shelf talker/case card
Press & Reviews
Lots of red and blue fruit to this, evolving into wet leaves, freshly turned soil and brewed tea. Light herbal notes. Sweet cherries, too. It's full bodied with silky, firm tannins. More minerality and tea notes on the finish. Elegant and driven. Drink after 2023.
The 2016 Brunello di Montalcino from Ciacci Piccolomini d'Aragona places savory herbs, exotic spice and earth tones above ripeness of fruit. It’s decidedly dark and brooding on the nose, lifted by hints of fresh-picked mint and sage. There are depths of velvety textures in the mouth, offset by a tactile mix of tart wild berries, minerals and zesty acidity which adds vibrancy in spite of the tannic heft and primary intensity found here. The 2016 finishes with a monolithic feel, still wound up tightly in its youthful state but also promising many years of positive evolution in our cellars. This is gorgeous and a great value for age-worthy Brunello.