Bierzo Blanco, 'La del Vivo'
Bierzo Blanco, 'La del Vivo', La Vizcaína [Raúl Pérez]
- Village: Valtuille de Abajo
- Vineyards: La Poulosa y Las Villegas
- Year of plantation: 1940 (La Poulosa) and 1925 (Las Villegas)
- Hectares: 1.5 (aggregate)
- Altitude: 500-550 meters ASL
- Soil: Clay (La Poulosa) and Sandy (Las Villegas)
- Plant density: 4200 vines / hectare (La Poulosa) and 4000 vines / hectare (Las Villegas)
- Varieties: Godello and Doña Blanca
- Elaboration: The grapes are divided into two parts. Approximately 80% of the grapes are pressed and decanted, then fermented in 500-liter and 700-liter French barrels. That wine remains untouched in the barrels for one year. The remaining 20% of the grapes ferment with skins in clay amphorae where the wine then remains untouched for one year. The two parts are then blended and the wine is bottled without fining or filtration.
Castilla Y Leon
Press & Reviews