Beaujolais-Villages 'La Roche', Michel Tete
- 50+ year old vines
- Vines from Les Côtes de la Roche just west of Juliénas in the hamlet of Jullié
- 350 meters in altitude and on a clear day you can see Mont Blanc!
- High density planting: 10,000 vines/ha
- Steep slopes of crushed granite, blue stones – with the bedrock very close
- Semi-carbonic vinification in large upright wooden barrels
- Aged in tank after malolactic fermentation
- There are many terroir parallels between Jullié and Juliénas. This is a character-rich, expressive Gamay from just outside of Beaujolais’ band of “cru” villages. Certainly one of the finest values for serious quality anywhere; floral, aromatic and full of intensely layered red fruits.
|SKU||Case Size||Bottle Size|