Barolo 'Via Nuova'
Barolo 'Via Nuova', E. Pira Chiara Boschis
- Sourced from 6 vineyard sites in the towns of Barolo, Monforte, and Serralunga for a total of 2.5 hectares
- Clay marl soil with Sant’Agata limestone
- South and southeast facing vines
- Average of 340 meters in elevation
- Fermented and macerated on the skins for 2 weeks
- Aged in lightly toasted French oak (1/3 new, 1/3 second use, 1/3 three+ uses) for 24 months before aging an additional year in bottle
Press & Reviews
"This delivers a fresh and vibrant impression on the nose with ripe red cherries and a deep-set, rose perfume. The palate has impressive power and focus with chiseled, driving tannins that cut a straight line of pure, red and black-cherry flavor. Long and assertive in 2015. Try this from 2023."
"Once again, the 2015 Barolo Via Nuova shows why the blending of several sites was the approach favored by Barolo producers until the 1960s, when the fascination for single-vineyard wines started to take off. Maybe the old-times knew something after all. Silky and fragrant, with exceptional balance, the 2015 is positively striking. Medium in body and layered, the 2015 has a very bright future. What a gorgeous wine it is. The Via Nuova was aged in equal parts cask and barrique."