Barolo 'Mosconi', E. Pira Chiara Boschis
- 100% Nebbiolo
- Sourced from a 0.8 hectare plot within the Mosconi vineyard in Monforte d’Alba
- Average vine age is 50 years
- 370 meters above sea level
- South-facing exposure
- Fermentation for 14 days
- Aged in lightly toasted French oak (1/3 new, 1/3 second use, 1/3 three+ uses) for 24 months
- Aged an additional year in bottle
- 800 cases produced
|SKU||Case Size||Bottle Size|
ResourcesRequest a shelf talker/case card
Press & Reviews
Aromatic depth here, drawing you in with cascading layers of flowers and leaves, fresh-tilled earth laced with woody spices, white pepper and fresh red fruit. The palate carries a very sturdy frame of fine, dense tannins. This is placed in the top league of 2015 Barolo wines. Long and succulent build through the finish. Try from 2024.
The 2015 Barolo Mosconi is striking in this vintage. The natural richness of the year seems especially well suited to this Monforte site, where the wines tend to be born with a natural sense of textural breadth and volume. Black cherry, chocolate, spice, new leather and menthol grow in the glass in a full-bodied, virile Barolo that speaks to power above all else.