Barolo Riserva 'Rocche Annunziata'
Barolo Riserva 'Rocche Annunziata', Paolo Scavino
- 100% Nebbiolo from Rocche dell’Annunziata in La Morra village
- Scavino’s only constant Barolo riserva since 1990
- 385 meters elevation
- South-south east orientation
- Calcareous soil with very hard sandstone in depth and soft whitish-light yellow sands in the subsoil intercalated with limestone
- Harvest by hand, normally after the 10th of October
- Submerged-cap maceration (10-12 days in average)
- Fermentation (20-30 days in average) in stainless steel with temperature controlled and indigenous yeasts
- Malolactic fermentation in 225 L barrels over the winter
- Ages 10 months in neutral French oak barrels and further 24 months in large casks, plus 10 months in stainless steel followed by 22 months in bottle.
Press & Reviews