Barolo 'Conca', Mauro Molino
- Molino’s “Masterpiece” and the single most important cru to the winery
- 100% Nebbiolo from a .3ha parcel of ‘Conca,’ a 2.5ha amphitheater-shaped vineyard on the south side of the Molino property
- Vines are planted with south-south-east exposure in calcareous clay soils
- Maceration on the skins for 10 days and alcoholic fermentation in stainless steel tanks for 20 days
- Aged 24 months in lightly toasted or untoasted Allier French oak barriques (10% new)
- First produced in 1982
- 3,000 bottles produced each year.
|SKU||Case Size||Bottle Size|
ResourcesRequest a shelf talker/case card
Press & Reviews
The 2017 Barolo Conca opens with a blast of sweet red cherry, plum, mocha and spice. A sensual, pliant Barolo, the Conca offers tons of immediacy and pure appeal. It should provide plenty of pleasure over the next decade or so. The Conca is so appealing.