- 100% Nebbiolo from vineyards in Castiglione Falletto and Serralunga
- Calcareous clay marl soil
- Southeastern exposure
- Maceration on the skins 55-60 days with submerged cap
- Aged 24 mo in 25 to 50HL oak barrels of Slavonian, French and Austrian origin
- Approximately 1,000 cases produced annually
Press & Reviews
"The 2017 Barolo is a gorgeous entry-level wine. Scorched earth, tar, licorice, black cherry and gravel give the Barolo an unusually dark, brooding profile in 2017. As it often is, the 2017 Azelia Barolo offers tremendous character and nuance in its peer group, or any peer group for that matter. Translucent and so expressive, the 2017 has a lot to offer."