Barbera d'Alba 'La Ginestra', Paolo Conterno
- 100% Barbera from 30-35 year old vines planted to calcareous clay soils in Monforte d’Alba
- Vineyards are 480-500 meters above sea level
- Grapes are picked in the first weeks of October
- Fermentation and maceration over 12-14 days
- Aging in 35HL French oak casks for 16 months prior to bottling
- 750 cases produced
|SKU||Case Size||Bottle Size|
ResourcesRequest a shelf talker/case card
Press & Reviews
Aromas of dark berries, flowers and tar follow through to a full body with intense acidity. A flavorful finish. Shows tension and energy. Drink or hold.
The 2016 Barbera d'Alba La Ginestra is a bold, juicy wine to drink now and over the next handful of years. Black cherry, chocolate, spice, new leather and sweet spice open up in this inviting, racy Barbera.