Barbaresco 'Valeirano', La Spinetta [wood cs]
- 100% Nebbiolo from a 3-hectare vineyard in Treiso, which enjoys the best exposure of this high-reaching cru
- 41-47 year-old vines planted to calcareous soil at 300 meters above sea level, all with a southern exposure
- Harvested in the first or second week in October
- Fermentation and skin maceration takes place over 7-8 days
- Aged 20-22 months in new, medium toasted, French oak barrique, plus one year in bottle
|SKU||Case Size||Bottle Size|
ResourcesRequest a shelf talker/case card
Press & Reviews
An elegant style, this delivers cherry, strawberry, tar and underbrush flavors. Firm and compact on the taut, fresh finish. Best from 2020 through 2030. 1,100 cases made, 50 cases imported.
La Spinetta's 2014 Barbaresco Vigneto Valeirano is a dark, brooding wine. Because of its depth and overall structure, the oak element is less evident here than it is in some of the other wines. Smoke, licorice, tar, spice, black cherry and rose petal gradually emerge from a wall of firm, imposing tannins. Readers will have to be patient with the 2014, but it is a striking wine in the making. As is often the case, the Valeirano has a distinctive element of austerity and nerve.