- 100% Nebbiolo from a 6.5 hectare vineyard on the western side of Nieve with a southern exposure
- 45-50-year-old vines
- Calcareous soil at 250 meters above sea level
- Harvested in the first and second week in October
- Fermented in rotofermenters for 7 to 8 days
- Malolactic fermentation and aging for 20-22 months in entirely new, medium-toasted French oak barriques, plus one year aging in bottle
Press & Reviews
"Raspberry coulis, dried red plums, vanilla, cedar and spice box make for a pronounced and beguiling nose. Full-bodied and very powerful on the palate, yet the tannins are polished and the acidity focused and refreshing. Drink from 2023."
"The 2016 Barbaresco Vigneto Starderi is outrageously beautiful. Dense, powerful and rich, the 2016 races out of the glass with huge fruit to match its classically mid-weight profile. Super-ripe red/purplish berry fruit, wild flowers, licorice and mint play off the huge tannins with real grace. Readers have to be patient, but the 2016 Starderi is a rock star wine. That's pretty much all there is to it."