Barbaresco 'Narin', Carlo Giacosa
- 100% Nebbiolo from estate-owned vineyards in some of the most famous crus of the village of Barbaresco
- From 1.6 ha in Ovello, 0.35 ha in Montefico and 0.28 ha in Asili
- Compact calcareous clay soils
- Vineyards from 240-270 meters above sea level
- Spontaneous fermentation on the skins for 40 days
- Aging 36 months in large oak cask
- 400 cases produced on average each year
- First vintage 1993
- “Narin” is the Piemontese dialect nickname for Donato (Donato > Donarino > Narin), the father of Carlo and founder of the estate
|SKU||Case Size||Bottle Size|
ResourcesRequest a shelf talker/case card
Press & Reviews
Rose, crushed herb, forest berry and tilled soil aromas align with enticing whiffs of aromatic herb. Focused and boasting both tension and loads of flavor, the elegant palate doles out crunchy red cherry, pomegranate and sage alongside taut tannins and vibrant acidity.
The strawberry, flower and tar aromas are impressive and follow through to a medium to full body, firm and chewy tannins and a fresh and tightly compacted finish. Drink from 2021.