Barbaresco 'Montefico', Carlo Giacosa
- 100% Nebbiolo from the estate’s parcel in Montefico
- From a full south exposure of 1.36 ha in the Montefico cru of Barbaresco that the family started farming in 1992
- Altitude: 180-230 meters above sea level
- Compact calcareous clay soils
- Spontaneous fermentation and maceration lasts 40 days in stainless steel
- Ages for 3 years in large oak cask
- 650 cases produced each year on average
- First vintage 1993
|SKU||Case Size||Bottle Size|
ResourcesRequest a shelf talker/case card
Press & Reviews
A lovely fragrance composed of wild berry, violet, aromatic herbs and star anise lifts out of the glass along with a whiff of new leather. It's vibrant, focused and savory, delivering juicy Morello cherry, crushed raspberry, licorice and roasted coffee bean framed in fine-grained tannins and racy acidity. Drink 2024–2031.
Dried cranberries, tangerines, sour cherries and lemon rind are all in play. Medium body and grainy tannins wrapped up with flair by tight acidity on the medium-chewy finish. Drink from 2021.