- 100% Nebbiolo sourced entirely from two parcels (a total of three hectares) in the Cotta vineyard, the oldest property under the Voghera family’s ownership
- The vines of one parcel are 30-years-old and the second parcel up to 60-years-old
- 230-250 meters above sea level
- Southwest exposure
- Fermentation-maceration occurs in stainless steel for 10 to 15 days, and then the wine is then racked into 3HL and 5HL casks for two years of aging
- 1,400 cases produced annually
Press & Reviews
"Voghera’s 2016 Barbaresco Cottà is deep and powerful, but also a bit rough around the edges. Readers looking for a classically built Barbaresco will certainly find that here. The 2016 Cottà is the first wine I have tasted from Luigi Voghera. It will be interesting to see if it gains a bit more finesse in future vintages. That should certainly be the case given that Cottà is one of the better sites in Neive. The 2016 was fermented in steel and aged for two years in medium-sized casks."