- 100% Nebbiolo from 45 year old vines planted to soils composed of sand and clay
- Fermentation and maceration on the skins for about 40 days with indigenous yeasts
- Malolactic fermentation in French barrels coopered expressly for Sottimano by Francois Frères in Burgundy
- The wine remains on the lees for approximately 24 months
- 10% of the barrels used for aging this wine are new; the remaining 90% have previously been used up to 4 times. No fining or filtration
Press & Reviews
"The 2016 Barbaresco Fausoni is another superb wine in this lineup of 2016 Barbarescos from the Sottimano family. Bright floral and citrus overtones give the 2016 a vibrant, chiseled feel. Sweet red/purplish berry fruit, blood orange, spice, menthol rose petal and lavender are some of the many notes that flesh out in this super-expressive, mid-weight Barbaresco from Sottimano. Aromatically lifted, dense on the palate and also very structured, the 2016 is a very complete Fausoni. The 2016 finishes with tremendous persistence and a classic sense of austerity that is compelling."
Wine & Spirits
"From 45-year-old vines rooted in sandy clay soils in the Fausoni cru, this is a high-toned, floral 2016. Scents of mint, thyme and violet surge from the glass, previewing brisk flavors of red cherry and orange peel woven together by fine, sandpapery tannins."