Barbaresco DOCG, Moccagatta
- 100% Nebbiolo from vines planted to calcareous clay
- Fermentation and maceration of the skins over 7 days
- Ages one year in barriques (20% new, 80% second and third use)
- Blending and aging in stainless steel before the wine ages in bottle for a minimum of 10 months prior to release
- 500 cases produced annually
|SKU||Case Size||Bottle Size|
ResourcesRequest a shelf talker/case card
Press & Reviews
A rich, round Barbaresco with ripe berries, chocolate, orange peel and dried meat. Round-textured tannins and a juicy, savory finish. Drinkable already, but better in two or three years. Try after 2022.
The 2017 Barbaresco is an attractive entry-level wine from Moccagatta. The 2017 doesn’t quite have the body of some recent editions, but it is open aromatically and very nicely balanced, with mid-weight structure and plenty of near to medium-term appeal. Sweet spice, floral and vanillin notes linger nicely on the close. I would prefer to drink the 2017 sooner rather than later, before the fruit fades. The decision to age the straight Barbaresco in neutral oak works well given the modest structure of the year.