Barbaresco 'Bric Balin', Moccagatta
- 100% Nebbiolo
- Calcareous blue marl soils
- All of the fruit comes from the slopes of the Muncagöta cru, which happens to be the dialect form of “Moccagatta”
- Maceration on the skins in temperature-controlled steel tanks
- Aged in French oak barriques (40% new) for 18 months
- 1,300 cases produced annually
|SKU||Case Size||Bottle Size|
ResourcesRequest a shelf talker/case card
Press & Reviews
Warm tones of spice and toast greet the nose, while cherry, plum, licorice and vanilla notes ply the palate. Vibrant and balanced, with a long, green olive- and spice-filled aftertaste. All the elements are in the right proportions, but patience is required. Best from 2022 through 2036. 1,250 cases made.
A powerful, driven wine, the 2014 Barbaresco Bric Balin is unusually austere in this vintage, although it possesses superb length and overall persistence. Beams of tannin give the 2014 much of its forbidding personality, and yet there is a level of energy and tension that is compelling. Dark red stone fruit, sweet tobacco, cedar and menthol infuse the huge finish. I can't wait to taste this with a little more time in bottle.