Barbaresco 'Bric Balin', Moccagatta
- 100% Nebbiolo
- Calcareous blue marl soils
- All of the fruit comes from the slopes of the Muncagöta cru, which happens to be the dialect form of “Moccagatta”
- Maceration on the skins in temperature-controlled steel tanks
- Aged in French oak barriques (40% new) for 18 months
- 1,300 cases produced annually
|SKU||Case Size||Bottle Size|
ResourcesRequest a shelf talker/case card
Press & Reviews
Lots of ripe berries, such as strawberries, with cedar and violet undertones on the nose. Full-bodied with a solid core of ripe fruit, round tannins and a fruity finish. But it’s never overdone or out of balance. A beauty for the vintage. Drink after 2022.
Moccagatta's 2017 Barbaresco Bric Balin is another pretty Barbaresco from Moccagatta. Here, to, the challenges of the growing season are impossible to miss in the drying tannins and oak influence, which are especially evident because of the wine's mid-weight structure. Dark cherry, plum, hard candy, spice and coffee notes all develop. The finish is a bit attenuated today, and the stress of a growing season marked by intense heat is evident, but the wine has also just been bottled, so let's see what happens.