Barbaresco 'Bordini', La Spinetta
- 100% Nebbiolo from 20-25 year old vines grown in calcareous soils at 270 meters above sea level
- Aged 20-22 months in 50% new and 50% second passage barriques
- Bottled unfined/unfiltered and aged for an additional year in bottle before release
- Purchased by Giorgio Rivetti In 2006 Giorgio bought this 4ha plot directly from the last of the Bordini family, who farmed the vineyard for over 300 years
- 1,083 cases produced annually
|SKU||Case Size||Bottle Size|
ResourcesRequest a shelf talker/case card
Press & Reviews
Really beautiful 2017 Barbaresco with ripe cherry, orange peel and light chocolate at the end. It’s full-bodied, tight and focused with a long, flavorful finish. Give it some time to come together. Try after 2023.
The 2017 Barbaresco Vigneto Bordini is a supple, easygoing wine to drink now and over the next handful of years. Sweet raspberry fruit, crushed rose petal, sweet spice and a kick of new French oak give this mid-weight Barbaresco tons of sheer allure. In 2017, the Bordini is terrific.
Good medium red. Aromas of red cherry, raspberry, orange zest and spicy oak. Like liquid velvet on the palate, but with outstanding lift and intensity to the ripe flavors of raspberry, pomegranate, flowers and sweet spices. The bracing finish features rising noble tannins and a magically light touch for such a hot vintage. Drinking window: 2025-2035